General discussion

Outlook 2000 slow on Windows XP Pro

By gkrew ·
I have a user experiencing slow issues when opening email in Outlook on a machine running Windows XP Pro with 1gb RAM.I re-installed Office and upgraded to the latest Office 2000 Service pack. I have removed her MS Outlook settings and re-created them and it got slower. I have performed a detect and repair but it did not help. She wants to revert to her old Windows 2000 machine but its already been stripped for parts. Any ideas on what is causing slow Outlook performance?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by mlacombe In reply to Outlook 2000 slow on Wind ...

Have you tried opening het mailbox on another system? The other thing you could try is to backup her mailbox to a pst and **** it away on the exchange server. Then recreate the mailbox. Also maybe removing and readding the pc to the domain?

Collapse -

by shelli_2005 In reply to Outlook 2000 slow on Wind ...

I would be curious to know what happens if you create a profile for yourself on that machine. This should help you to determine if its a problem with the Outlook program itself or her account/profile

Collapse -

by sgt_shultz In reply to Outlook 2000 slow on Wind ...

that is a great idea - try another user profile and try another outlook profile. i would also maker sure she is on latest sp's for office and for windows. i would check event log for errors. i would turn off windows firewall for a test. i would check to see if her system time is same as servers. i would turn off 'show tips for folders etc' in Folder view

Collapse -

by sgt_shultz In reply to

this is the folder view setting i meant:
Turn off Pop up descriptions for file and folders
also, how is normal web browsing and other file access on this computer, is outlook the only slow thing

Collapse -

by sgt_shultz In reply to

betcha it's dns! did u see this:
Troubleshooting slow startup of Outlook and Exchange clients

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)