General discussion

Outlook 2000 very slow

By Naleen ·
Three of our users are complaining that their Outlook opens really slowly or sometimes don't open at all.
I'm not very technical and just want to ask a few questions. There's something like 3000 items in their inbox, according to me that must slow things down. Am I correct in saying that? And then what can they do to those items, because they want to keep a record of emails sent and received from clients. What will be the best way of dealing with Outlook to make it as efficient as it should be? And please tell me what I can check to make Outlook more efficient or the answers I can give them that will motivate them to keep their outlook clean.

Many thanks!! Really hope someone can help me.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Outlook 2000 very slow

by dave.osborne In reply to Outlook 2000 very slow

Check here ...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;262530

Remember to remove any spaces in the URL.

Hope this helps.

-Dave

Collapse -

Outlook 2000 very slow

by Naleen In reply to Outlook 2000 very slow

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Outlook 2000 very slow

Thanks for the Norton Antivirus answer, I will definitely keep that in mind for future references. But we don't have Norton installed, we have Trend Officescan Corporate Edition installed. Many thanks any way!

Collapse -

Outlook 2000 very slow

by col1n In reply to Outlook 2000 very slow

Housekeeping

All data is in 2 places the mail server and the local machine when you have a great deal of sent items and other folders you clog up the system

Try tools services add Personal folders you can name this folder anything you like best to use something like old_dataDec2002 move all non essential data to this folder, this data will only be on the workstation or laptop thus freeing the mail server from the burden

You will be able to access this data locally as if it was another mail folder

Best Regards
Colin

Collapse -

Outlook 2000 very slow

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Outlook 2000 very slow

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum