General discussion

Outlook 2002 messages archieved after reading.

By FrenchFries290 ·
I am working on a Dell 2400(Windows XP Home) with Outlook 2002 installed. When an e-mail message has been read and then closed it disappears from the Inbox. I can't locate a configuration setting that will keep the message in the Inbox. Can you help?
Thanks,
FrenchFries

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

A couple of things

by CharlieSpencer In reply to Outlook 2002 messages arc ...

Do the messages completely disappear or do they go to Outlook's Deleted Items folder?

I assume you've checked Tools, Options, Other, AutoArchiving, that you've checked Tools, Rules and Alerts.

Not to insult your intelligence, but I've seen users close an Outlook e-mail with the big "X" in the middle of the toolbar instead of small "X" in the upper right corner of the window. The one in the middle of the toolbar is a shortcut to the Delete command, not the command to close the message / window.

Has Outlook always done this on this machine, or did it just start? Did you install Outlook 2002 yourself or did you buy the machine with Outlook already installed?

Collapse -

Filters...

It's probably a filter to show only new messages. view->current view->customize current view. check the filter settings there.

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)