Question

Outlook 2003

By patferguson2 ·
I am trying to locate pab or pst files so I can backup my address book. I have tried all kind of ways but they are still lost. Any ideas?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

re: File locations.......

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to Outlook 2003

You have to turn on hidden files/folders first in order to find them. In Windows Explorer or by double clicking My computer or My documents, click Tools - Folder Options, then click the View tab. Put a check in the bubble to Show Hidden files and right below that, uncheck the box that says Hide System Files, then click OK to get out.

Now, if you're using WinXP and you're not on an Exchange network, look here for the PST files (Contacts are stored in PST file):

C:\Documents and Settings\(windows username here)\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

The PAB is a different matter though. You may or may not actually have a PAB on the computer. Here is a MS article explaining how to locate and copy the PAB, if it exists.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829919

Good luck.

Collapse -

Hidden Files

by patb071 In reply to Outlook 2003

Default files are located in c:\documents and setting\username\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst.

These files are hidden so you will need to show hidden files.

Collapse -

Vista?

by Jay217 In reply to Outlook 2003

If you're running vista then its under c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\microsoft\outlook..

You can actually get the location by opening outlook and right click on personal folders(or the folder you want to backup), goto properties, then advanced. The file name will tell you where its at.

Make sure you do a test restore of your backup when your done!

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)