Question

Outlook 2003 and Vista, slow email download, PLS HELP!!!

By maxim ·
Got Vista on a Dell XPS 1330 and have installed office 2003 with outlook. No problems in termsof speed of start up of applications or any hanging but using wi-fi or cable takes ages to download emails from pop3 accounts. Have fast speed broadband, so internet access not a problem. Anyone come across same, any solutions? will migrating to outlook 2007 help with this or is it a bug with vista?
Many thanks for help or advice.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Re: Outlook 2003 and Vista, slow email download.

It is not due to your connection but with lots of files inside your computer that need organizing/optimizing. I have put a link here for you, this software will do the job and more. Hope all goes well.

http://www.regcure.com/lp/11/?uid=yu46z

Please post back if you have anymore problems or questions.

Collapse -

Slow Outlook download fix for Vista

by mdust In reply to Outlook 2003 and Vista, s ...

Here is a link that should walk you through fixing your problem. It worked for me. I also had problems transferring files from our network servers and this corrected it. In part of the instructions it says run CMD prompt as administrator, do it! I just opened CMD prompt normally and it didnt work. Cost me a day worth of troubleshooting.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/09/06/outlook-2007-slow-while-downloading-pop3-email/

Before I found this I was about to remove Vista and go back to XP. Vista still sucks in performance on certain areas but with email downloading ok now and files transferring at normal speeds, life is back to good!

Collapse -

outlook is still so slow

by crissy1028 In reply to Slow Outlook download fix ...

I went to the above link and followed the instuctions. It worked great for the first 5 minutes and stopped again. I went through and did it again...same thing. Its like it somehow turns itself back on??? HELP?!?!?

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)