General discussion

Outlook 2003 - Delegate Access

By TeriInMaine ·
Has anyone found a way for a delegate to send email from the Drafts folder as the owner of the In Box, rather than "On Behalf Of"? We have many situations where it is necessary for an assistant to send email for the In Box owner, and it works fine in all cases, except for anything placed in Drafts. At this point, the assistant is copying and pasting the text into a new email, but if there is a way to amend a setting to make this easier for them, I would appreciate knowing the secret.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by curlergirl In reply to Outlook 2003 - Delegate A ...

If you shown the "from" field in your email, then the person sending the email can select their user name from the GAL. In this case, AFAIK, the email will be from that person, not "on behalf of." I have done this in Outlook 2003 when sending drafts and it works fine - just not sure if it works in older versions.

Hope this helps!

Collapse -

by TeriInMaine In reply to Outlook 2003 - Delegate A ...

Unfortunately, using the From field to select the name needed has not worked. The email still goes out "On Behalf Of." Using the From field from any other folder within Outlook does the trick. It's just that one folder that will not comply.

Collapse -

by edoj In reply to Outlook 2003 - Delegate A ...

I think this explains it:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307444/en-us?spid=2520&sid=1121

Collapse -

by TeriInMaine In reply to

Thank you! We will give that a try!

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)