Question

Outlook 2003 email does not open

By preemarose ·
I have saved a Outlook 2003 email but when I double click it to open the Outlook application flashes on the bottom but no email opens. I have tried copying the email back into Outlook but it does not appear there. Your help would be appreciated. My operating sys is WinXP Pro

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Outlook 2003

by eater333 In reply to Outlook 2003 email does n ...

pls. don't try to copy the files of outlook, but try to import your old e-mail...then try
compact all the folders.... let me know if this
help....

Collapse -

by preemarose In reply to Outlook 2003

tried to import but it does not let me import .msg emails

Collapse -

You don't save emails like that.

by ComputerCookie In reply to Outlook 2003 email does n ...

If you have an email and select the 'save as' option under file, it should want to save it to your 'My Documents' and probably default to a .htm file.

So when you try to open it, it should open in a web browser. Not Outlook.

If you have changed some of the settings with Outlook your files may be saving as a different format please advise what that format is!

Collapse -

by preemarose In reply to You don't save emails lik ...

I checked and the extension is .msg

Collapse -

I have the same issue

by Master_Techie In reply to Outlook 2003 email does n ...

I was researching for a solution to the same problem and found this discussion. I don't have an ultimate solution, but I do have a work around. If you close the outlook application first and open the saved email, it will open the message. You may see a messagebox that comes up and say outlook faced an error and all that, but hey, atleast you can view the email. Don't ask me why.

Back to Software Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)