General discussion

OutLook 2003 errors

By jimonline ·
Hi,

I have been using office 2000 pro on xp for the past 2 years and I have upgraded to office 2003 pro. (I'm starting to think it was a bad mistake)

With my outlook every message I try to send causes and error and outlook is closed with the send dont send message appearing. When it is restarted I cannot send the message as it gives a communication error, but when I test the connection its fine. I have to use the Office Application Recovery to fix the problem.

In some cases the closing happens when I'm just half way through typing a message. I have downloaded every patch fix upgrade from office but none so far have fixed the problem.

Ifr there is anyone out there that know of a fix please I would gratefully appreciate it!

Jim

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by DugaDugDug In reply to OutLook 2003 errors

As a first step, if I were in your situation, I would uninstall Office and reinstall it fresh. Windows upgrades, be it OS or Office, etc, have always left behind unnecessary files that can cause problems. Make sure to backup related files before doing so though, e.g. .pst, .ost, .pab, my documents, your signature file (if you have one), etc.

If the problem is only with Outlook, although I would still do the full office suite uninstall/reinstall from fresh, I suggest you verify email account settings are correct and if they are (and all related patches have been installed), you could instead just uninstall and reinstall Outlook.

Collapse -

by jimonline In reply to OutLook 2003 errors

Thanx I'll try all that and let u know

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)