General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Outlook 2003 Fax Problem

by obiwaynekenobi ·

Just need some quick help here.. the Sales dept. at my job send a lot of faxes, and they would always recieve an email that notifies them if it’s sent. Recently, however, the notification stopped being sent and some of them have been asking to fix it. It’s not quite my job since I’m only a help desk type, but since I want to move into network administration I’m trying to learn what to do.

Anyways, is this a configuration issue with Outlook or Exchange, and how would I go about fixing it? I’ve never worked with Exchange Server before, so any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

What fax server software do you use?

by tpolitowski ·

In reply to Outlook 2003 Fax Problem

What software do you use for faxing?

In general, fax software has an SMTP email setting – notifiy on failed/success. If it stopped working, check the SMTP service on the server or make sure your email system is connected to the fax server software. If you recently put in a spam/content filter, make sure you are not blocking it accidently with a rule.

Thanks

by obiwaynekenobi ·

In reply to What fax server software do you use?

I don’t really know what we use for Faxing.. although I recall setting up some kind of generic Fax service when I configured the users Outlook 2003 accounts. But I’ll check that. Thanks.

Viewing 0 reply threads