General discussion

Outlook 2003 hangs

By Naamor ·
I recently installed Office 2003 on a Windows XP Pro workstation. The system is a 1.9 GHz processor with half a gig of RAM
Outlook initially launches and appears to function properly. But after awhile it will hang (there is no pattern on the length of time before it hangs). The event viewer shows an error message to this effect. I have noticed that whenever this happens there is an icon in the task tray saying Outlook is synchronizing. I have been unable to find anything on this in MS Technet or KB. Any help would be appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by mrivera In reply to Outlook 2003 hangs

Automatically synchronize folders

On the Tools menu, point to Send/Receive, point to Send/Receive Settings, and then click Define Send/Receive Groups.
Under Group Name, select a send/receive group group.
Do either or both of the following:
Set up online synchronization

Under Setting for group Send/Receive group name, select the check boxes that you want:
To automatically synchronize all folders at specified intervals while you're online, select the Schedule an automatic send/receive every x minutes check box, and then enter a number between 1 and 1440.
To synchronize all folders after every online Microsoft Outlook session, select the Perform an automatic send/receive when exiting check box.
Set up offline synchronization

Under When Outlook is offline, select the check boxes that you want:
To automatically synchronize all folders at specified intervals while you're online, select the Schedule an automatic send/receive every x minutes check box, and then enter a number between 1 and 1440.
=====

Hope this helps...

Collapse -

by Naamor In reply to

Although it did not resolve my problem, I found your information useful.
It turns out that e-mail from a spammer was causing the lockup. I notified my ISP which I presume has since blocked the spammer.
Thanks for the help

Collapse -

by Naamor In reply to Outlook 2003 hangs

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)