General discussion

Outlook 2003 New Message Alert

By BorgInva ·
Windows XP SP2

My Outlook used to show on the bottom right of my screen the desktop alert whenever new mail arrived. I recentlly noticed that it has stopped doing so. The options are set in SETTINGS to pop up, last for 7 seconds, and so forth. Yet, it does not show up anymore.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by JEPott In reply to Outlook 2003 New Message ...

Try this:

Right click on your start button and select properties.
Click on the Taskbar Tab.
Click the Customize button on the bottom.
Find your email icon (should say something like 'You have new unopened items' and change the behavior to Always Show.
Click OK and click OK again.

Hope that helps fix the issue.

JEPott

Collapse -

by BorgInva In reply to

Sorry. It is already. I do get the envolope that shows I have new mail, but not the desktop alert.

Collapse -

by JEPott In reply to Outlook 2003 New Message ...

Sorry, I mis-understood which notification you were refering to. Try doing a 'Detect and Repair' from the help menu.... this option allows you to reset to default settings as well as default shortcuts... you probably do not want to lose your user settings. Try doing the detect and repair without discarding the customized settings. Hope this helps.

JEPott

Collapse -

by BorgInva In reply to

I am so dumb...... It says right there "for default inbox only." I have rules (some work, others I have an open issue on on TR) that go to other folders. This is why they do not show. Now I have been getting emails on that default box but probably not while I am at the PC. I had a friend send me a test email and it does work. I am going to keep my eye on it. For anwering twice, I am doubling the points for you.

Collapse -

by BorgInva In reply to Outlook 2003 New Message ...

Point value changed by question poster.

Collapse -

by BorgInva In reply to Outlook 2003 New Message ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)