Question

Outlook 2003 Offline Syncs Huge File Size

By rferguson ·
Hi Everyone,

I've been searching for something that closely resembles the problem I'm encountering, but so far with now luck.

I have a User on a laptop using Outlook 2003 connecting in remotely into Exchange 2003. All the offline & synchronisation and access to the users Mailbox appears to be all functioning and the user can keep working no problem.

The problem in the background however, they are using a Wireless Broadband with a 1GB limit and each time the background synchronisation occurs, Outlook 2003 attempts to synchronise over 120MB each time it runs the background synch every 15 mins (even though all the folders are completly up to date when the user disconnects from the company network and then logs in at home). Each time the synch runs, same thing and the download on the wireless broadband skyrockets and will kill the 1GB limit in a matter of a few days.

I can't find any references that can assist me with how to troubleshoot shy Outlook 2003 is trying to synch so much data each time, when all the folders should be up to date.

Appreciate if anyone can help me with a starting point as to how to identify the problem so we can contain any expected excess usage on the wireless broadband.

Regards,

Richard
Sportsco Pty Ltd.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Share your knowledge
Back to Software Forum
0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)