Question

Outlook 2003 problem

By kiranchinnu ·
Hi All,
Outlook failed to start correctly last time. Starting Outlook in safe mode will help you correct or isolate a startup problem in order to successfully start the program. Some functionality may be disabled in this mode.

This error message is coming for few users in my domain when they login to domain .

Steps which i have done till now to solve this problem which didnt help
1.detect and repair
2.reinstall.
3.disabled addins.
4.renamed outcmd.dat to outcmd.datold as suggested by some forums.

Thanks in advance.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

When you say

by LocoLobo In reply to Outlook 2003 problem

"failed to start correctly" what do you mean? Did Outlook fail to open at all? Was there an error message(s)? Is there anything in Event Viewer? Is this on specific machines? Users?

Based on what I see in your post, I might uninstall, reinstall Outlook completely. That may not be necessary. Try to find out what is happening first.

Collapse -

Reponse To Answer

by seanferd In reply to When you say

That <i>is</i> the error message from Outlook. (The paragraph under "Hi All".)

Collapse -

When they login to domain?

by seanferd In reply to Outlook 2003 problem

So, Outlook is automatically starting (or not, for these users) at domain login? What if you were to wait until login was assured to have succeeded before starting Outlook?

Also, did you try starting Outlook in safe mode as suggested? For information on this, open Office Help and search <i>safe mode</i>. About Office Safe Mode should be the first result. If Outlook does not start properly in safe mode, it is probably a user profile or domain issue.

Back to Community Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)