Question

Outlook 2003 PROFILES and dividing 100's of emails to new profiles

By todd ·
Q) How do I move the already received emails, from the OUTLOOK PROFILE over to the other newly made Profiles?

For years I?ve gotten all my email in the one, default, OUTLOOK Profile. Personal emails, My work emails, and 2 hobby-businesses email accounts. I have well over 200 folders and rules to try and manage, but outlook only allows 200 or so rules, and all used up, also it?s still just ?too much? for one profile. When I?m at work, I can hardly identify work emails from all the others quick enough. I'd like to separate the contacts, calendars, and emails to pertain to each of the hats I wear.

It?s time to use OUTLOOK PROFILES and separate my identities, Contacts, Calendar of events, etc. for each of these. Otherwise, it?s additional laptops and cell phones/pda?s to keep it all compartmentalized? I?d like to try profiles first.

OUTLOOK PROFILE = Work only email accounts? one Exchange Server & one older work POP-3 account.

PERSONAL PROFILE = Family, Friends, Facebook, hotmail account.

HOBBY ONE = Gmail account used for this hobby-business.

HOBBY TWO = Website of my own, with email of its own. Admin@HobbyTwo.com

So, from one profile, to Four Profiles. Here is my question: How do I move the already received emails, contacts, calendar items from the OUTLOOK PROFILE over to the other Profiles?

Final follow-up: Syncing my Palm Treo 700wx (Windows CE operating system) Will it be able to sync with all, one or none of these profiles?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

It will take some work, but....

by Darryl~ Moderator In reply to Outlook 2003 PROFILES and ...

This is just one way, it will take some time to delte stuff but it might be the easiest.

Export all you email & contacts to a PST file (save it on the desktop or somewhere easy to find).

Create the 3 new profiles.

Remove the email accounts not desired in the old profile & add the email accounts into the desired profiles as you laid out above.

Import the email & contacts from the previously created PST file to each of the new profiles.

Delete the folders/emails/contacts not wanted in each of the 4 profiles.

Once complete, the profiles should contain the old email desired for that profile & be receiving new email into it.

PLEASE NOTE: you will have to create new rules for the new profiles & delete any rules no longer needed from the original profile.

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)