Question

Outlook 2003 - Very Large Fonts on READ e-mails

By barfleur ·
Normally an unread message comes in your mailbox as BOLD and when Read it is no longer Bold and font size is the same. however I have one user where after the message is read the font size goes very large and Bold.
I have gone into the Views option but see nothing on Read messages.

Anyone seen this before, please help.

Thank you

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

re: large fonts on READ e-mails

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to Outlook 2003 - Very Large ...

I can't find any specific reference to this, so I'm going to guess.

With the Inbox selected on the left, right click the bar just above the list of emails where the column headings say "from", "subject", etc.... choose Customize Current View. Inside the options, click the "Other Settings" button and make sure the fonts aren't set to something huge (8pt is normal). If that's ok, look in "Automatic Formatting" settings, cycling through each option to make sure there's no huge fonts selected there. And finally, if the two previous ones are ok, look in "Format Columns", cycling through the options making sure From, Subject, Received and Size are NOT set to "best fit".

If that doesn't work, I know of nothing short of "detect and repair" that MIGHT fix the problem.

And, if that doesn't work, you may have just found the one and only FORUM MEMBERS STUMPER question that we allow in each calendar year. You'll have to wait till next year to throw a new one at us.

Collapse -

re: large fonts on READ e-mails

by barfleur In reply to re: large fonts on READ e ...

Thank you ThumbsUp2 for your response.

It turns out that the user had made a number of changes to the Display properties including the Windows fonts the DPI settings - which of course she refuse to admit to. After tinkering around with these settings her Outlook and another app that was also affected, are now back to normal

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)