Question

Outlook 2007 emails received but not displayed

By aredubbya ·
I have an admin user with Win XP2 Office 2007 Pro on a laptop and lately whenever they click on send and receive you can see the progress bar of emails being received with no errors, but the number of email received in this progress bar does not appear in their inbox, junk mail anywhere.

They could have 5 unread emails before clicking on send and receive, they click and the progress bar says "receiving 1 message of of 50, and it shows that it is downloading 50 emails but no where can 50 new unread emails be found.

There are no rules/actions set on this .pst file, evrything goes into the inbox. Where are these emails supposedly and how can I fix this problem?

Any ideas appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

re Outlook emails not displayed

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to Outlook 2007 emails recei ...

Does it say there are 50 each time you connect, maybe with the number going up higher each time? If so, you have an inbound message stuck and will have to call your ISP to delete that one message. Of course, if you have web access to your email account, you can get into that and delete the one message yourself.

If you can actually see the number of messages coming in... i.e., it says receiving 1 of...#, 2 of...#, 3 of #..., etc... and eventually it "says" that they are completely downloaded, then there's another problem.

Afterthought: You didn't say if you're on an Exchange server or is it a POP3 account?

Collapse -

The number of messages is random

by aredubbya In reply to re Outlook emails not dis ...

Thanks for the reply. The number of emails that it displays as receiving always changes. One day it could be 50, the next it could be 28, quite random and we use a POP 3 account.

We can actually see the number of messages coming in... i.e., it says receiving 1 of...#, 2 of...#, 3 of #..., etc... and eventually it does "say" that the messages are completely downloaded, however if it says 28 messages were completely downloaded, the inbox and junk email counters of unread messages does not increment by 28 messages.

There number of "unlocatable" messsages that seem to have been downloaded is random. i.e some days there will be 5 messsgaes we can't find, others it could be 18 or any number, i.e no patterns here either.

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)