Question

Outlook 2007 Not Available only option in installation option

By BeteB ·
Some time ago I installed Office 2007 Professional on my Windows Vista laptop that already had Office 2003 on it. I opted to keep Office 2003 but Outlook 2003 was un-installed so that Outlook 2007 could be installed--which was fine with me. As far as I can tell, Outlook 2003 is not on my computer, and neither is Outlook 2007. Every time I open an Office 2007 program I get a BCM Office Addin error: "Office application version does not match." I downloaded Microsoft's fix http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=935569. It did not work. I have seen many other posts like this, but I have not found an answer. Basically, I want to install Outlook 2007 (which I can't seem to do) and I want that error message to go away.
I appreciate your help.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Have you tried.....

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to Outlook 2007 Not Availa ...

.... completely uninstalling ALL Office applications, then reinstalling 2003, patching it up to date, then installing 2007?

The BCM error should not occur if you did not install Outlook 2007, so it must be on your system in some form or other, somewhere, even if you can't see it.

Collapse -

Uninstalling and reinstalling Office 2007

by Bete B In reply to Outlook 2007 Not Availa ...

Thank you for your reply.

I have not tried uninstalling and reinstalling Office 2007. Is there any kind of problem with activating it again? I did buy a retail upgrade version.

I will also look at my computer to see if Outlook is there somewhere.

Thanks.

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)