Question

Outlook 2007 Public Folders

By marrow ·
This issue is driving me insane now.
I am a Domain Admin and a member of a group with "owner" rights to all public folders (IT Infrastructure). Despite that I've recently noticed I can view only basic folders, pretty much our Domain User view with only 2 basic public folders open to Everyone to view.

The problem appears to be local, logging on to another machine I can view all public folders as per exchange permissions. I have rebuilt my local profile and it resolved the problem for two days or so and now I'm back to square one. Somehow my Outlook profile fails to hold on to my permissions or at least that's what it looks like.

There are no view filters applied on my client.

Please let me know if you have had a similar experience and, most importantly, have managed to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
marrow

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

.OST File

by IamL3G3ND In reply to Outlook 2007 Public Folde ...

I would consider looking at the .OST file before rebuilding your profile again and again. ( that is if your using Microsoft Exchange Server )

Rename the .OST file and re-open outlook and let it repull your settings and mail, the next step from that would be to re-create your MAIL profile via the mail icon in control panel.

Completely removing the profile and letting it rebuild is always a better starting point then re-doing the entire local machine profile.

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)