General discussion

outlook ldap 0x80070057

By techmichelle ·
Hi I am hoping someone else has run into this. Upgrading from outlook 98 to XP.
When I go to add an LDAP directory service, it starts, but when I click on more settings I receive a popup
Microsoft Outlook
An unknown error occured, error code: 0x80070057.

Windows xp is current on patches, Office xp is current on patches. IE and outlook
express are installed. Outlook 98, Add-in Microsoft LDAP, Office 97sp2 have all
been uninstalled.

Thanks in advance
Michelle

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by LCM Man In reply to outlook ldap 0x80070057

Download and install Office XP Service Pack 3. This will resolve your error. First I would re-install the LDAP plug-in and see if this resolves your issue, if not, the SP3 will.

Collapse -

by techmichelle In reply to

sp3 is already installed. I can only find a outlook 97/98 ldap add in. Is there a newer one?

Collapse -

by TJ In reply to outlook ldap 0x80070057

I know this may sound strange, but I had the same problem when I upgraded. It was a virus/spyware issue and I,too, had all my patches and such. However, during the upgrade process, since my internet was connected but the firewall was not, I somehow got infected. Worse, it took a while to remove it. First, I'd update all antivirus/spyware removal products and run them. I'd make sure you have a firewall installed and active and if that doesn't work, I would go to Microsoft's web site and plug in that error code to see what it is. It may give you some idea as to how to correct it.

Collapse -

by techmichelle In reply to

Tried running spybot and microsofts antispy ware and they found nothing.

Collapse -

by techmichelle In reply to outlook ldap 0x80070057

Same problem with Office 2003. Unable to configure the ldap properties. And the bad news is before was waiting on the 2003 cds, now just waiting on a fix...

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)