General discussion

Outlook XP Instruction at 0x6601cd49

By jqadams ·
I am running Outlook XP (2002) on Windows 2000 Pro. If I leave Outlook open for a period of time, it tends to lock up when I send an email (receiving emails are not interrupted). The error message ? ?The instruction at "0x6601cd49" referenced memory at "0x000000a0". The memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program.? - requires me to shut Outlook
down. Once I reopen it, - ?the archive folders did not close properly? - message appears and the program automatically initializes another program to fix it.

MS KB does not recognize this error message. Can anyone tell me what is
going on? And is there a fix?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to Outlook XP Instruction at ...

What service packs do you have on the OS and the Office installation?

How much RAM is in the system?

What else is running when you experience this issue?

I've seen the question asked in other forums and have not yet seen an answer posted.

Collapse -

by jqadams In reply to Outlook XP Instruction at ...

What service packs do you have on the OS and the Office installation?
Office: 10.0.6626.0 (SP3)

How much RAM is in the system? 248MB SDRAM on 950MHz

What else is running when you experience this issue?
Generally, MS Antispyware, Norton Antivirus. Outlook operates normal for a period of time but if I leave it up for a while and attempt to send an email, it gives me the Outlook.exe - Application Error described above. Receiving emails does not seem to cause any problems.

Collapse -

by kevin.square In reply to Outlook XP Instruction at ...

do you receive emails during the time OL is left open. Just out of interest do you have OL set up to deliver to the pst file.
It would be interesting to see if there is some consistent period of inactivity that causes it. Might point to things like Windows quitely dropping server connections (and reconnecting as needed) in the background after 10 minutes of inactivity. Would that affect OL if the connection has to be re-established to the mail server. Just thinking out loud.

Collapse -

by jqadams In reply to Outlook XP Instruction at ...

do you receive emails during the time OL is left open.
Yes, I do receive emails during the time OL is left open. OL error message appears while attempting to send an email or sometimes when I exit out. Do you know what "0x6601cd49" means or where I can get an answer to what it is trying to tell me?

Just out of interest do you have OL set up to deliver to the pst file.
Nothing other than posting to my Inbox folder. I do have it to autoarchive every couple of months.

It would be interesting to see if there is some consistent period of inactivity that causes it. Might point to things like Windows quitely dropping server connections (and reconnecting as needed) in the background after 10 minutes of inactivity.
I am on SBC/Yahoo DSL so I don't think that might be the cause otherwise other things might be shutting down (?).

Would that affect OL if the connection has to be re-established to the mail server. Just thinking out loud.

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)