General discussion

OUTLOOK97/2003 WITH EXCHANGE 5.5

By Mozster ·
We have a user with Outlook 97 connecting to an Exchange 5.5 mailbox on the server.
User has been testing Outlook 2003 using her account still connecting to the 5.5 mailbox.
When she returns to her original PC and uses OL'97 again it crashes and can't access the mailbox. This occurs on various 97 client machines and not just hers.
I've tried using 2003 to access the account and then 97 just after that which occasionally works for a while but then it crashes again.
Is there any known problems with swapping between Outlook 97 and 2003 clients into the same Exchange account?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to OUTLOOK97/2003 WITH EXCHA ...

Yes there are known issues.

You should not have 2 different versions of the Outlook client on the same Windows installation.

Collapse -

by Mozster In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by Mozster In reply to OUTLOOK97/2003 WITH EXCHA ...

The 2 Outlook clients are not on the same installation and on separate machines.

What are the known issues and where can I get a list of them. I have a table that shows clients are compatible with Exchange 5.5

Collapse -

by jeffersnet In reply to OUTLOOK97/2003 WITH EXCHA ...

Yes, the users mailbox gets updated. Switching back to 97 for the client causes some problems. For testing you should use a new mailbox with a new username and then in the other email account just have a rule to forward a copy of the email to the new user.

Collapse -

by Mozster In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by jeffersnet In reply to OUTLOOK97/2003 WITH EXCHA ...

Yes, the users mailbox gets updated. Switching back to 97 for the client causes some problems. For testing you should use a new mailbox with a new username and then in the other email account just have a rule to forward a copy of the email to the new user.

Collapse -

by Mozster In reply to OUTLOOK97/2003 WITH EXCHA ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)