General discussion

PalmVx and Window 2000

By taivball ·
Up until a month ago I was able to hotsync my palmV to my PC (Windows 2000). All of a sudden I can't synchronize anymore.

When I tap the hotsync button, the hotsync window pops up on my PC and it attempts to hotsync. However the "user" field is blank. After a minute of trying, then I get the following error message:

"The connection between your handheld computer and the desktop could nto be established. Please check your setup and try again."

My COM is set to 1 on both the hotsync manager and local, I changed the speed to 9600, I run windows 2000 on a Dell laptop, I have a docking station, but have tried plugging the serial port into both the docking station and directly to the back of the laptop.

I've tried reseting my Palm handheld both soft and hard reset and this did not fix the problem. I've tried uninstalling my COM1 and no luck.

Please help with your suggestions.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Sounds familiar

by Oz_Media In reply to PalmVx and Window 2000

I used to work with a guy who was forever havind the same problem. He would just uninstall all the palm hotsync softwareclean up his registry and reinstall, sometimes two or three times before it worked.

You'd probably be better off posting this to the Technical Q&A section. You'll get more answers and find it much more useful.

Tip: Offer a bunch of points to get faster responses, you get a 1000 yourself when you close the question anyway.

Back to IT Employment Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)