General discussion

Password Admin 2000 / Backup Exec

By jrein ·
We use Veritas Backup Exec. It seems it can only be run by a user with administrator access.

To delegate the backup responsibility to an employee, I'd like to set a user to have all administrative access except password administration. I know that "superuser" normally has this function, but "Superuser" status does not let the user open or access Backup Exec. My solution is to somehow restrict an administrator access for this particular user so they cannot cahnge passwords. Any ideas??

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Mike Jones In reply to Password Admin 2000 / Bac ...

You should be able to run the program as a user with just the Backup Operators group permissions.

This is the whole point of this group. It is a special group which has permissions to backup all the files on a system but not much else.

Collapse -

by jrein In reply to Password Admin 2000 / Bac ...

Unfortunately I tried the Backup Operators group, but it still did not allow Backup Exec to be run by that user. Any other suggestions?

Collapse -

by leon_guerrero In reply to Password Admin 2000 / Bac ...

I had a similar problem as we use Backup Exec 8.6 on our Windows Network. This is the solution that worked in our environment and it is found on the Veritas site. Hope it works for you as well?

http://support.veritas.com/docs/232139

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)