General discussion

pictures in Outlook 2000 not printing

By jkempista ·
One computer running Windows 98 SE and Explorer 6.0 with Outlook 2000 on an Exchange Server will view an email with pictures embedded in the email. When you print that email you only get the text and the tag holders for the pictures, but no pictures. Printing on a regular inkjet printer. All other computers in company can print the same email with pictures visible.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by marccouture In reply to pictures in Outlook 2000 ...

I work in a messaging help centre, and we take care of Outlook issues here on a daily basis. I have seen this problem back in November and have documented how I fixed it. Follow the steps below and it should take care of your problem!
Cheers!

CAUSE
This behavior occurs because The versions of Microsoft Outlook 2000, Windows NT and Internet Explorer 5.x are incompatible.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this behavior, you must do the following:
Verify the version of Windows NT 4.0. Make sure that Service Pack 6a - high encryption is installed. You can verify this by using the windows Run command and running WINVER. If SP6a is not installed, install it from here. Reboot as prompted.
Update Windows NT from the Windows Update site with all the required and available critical updates. Scan for updates, select and install and reboot as prompted. NOTE: You may have repeat this step more than once for all critical updates to be installed.
Update Internet Explorer 5.x to Internet Explorer version 6 Service Pack 1. Reboot as prompted. NOTE: Windows NT 4.0 with SP 6a and higher is required for this upgrade, so make sure you went through steps 1 and 2 properly.
Go to the Office update website. Click on the link for Check for Updates. (If prompted to install Windows Installer 2.0, do so and reboot as prompted. Once rebooted, repeat step 4.)
Install Microsoft Office 2000 Service Pack 3. NOTE: Prior to installing SP3, you must install Office 2000 Service Release 1a (SR1a) Update. Before you install this update, make sure that this machine is currently using the SR1 versions of all the Office 2000 applications that are installed on the machine. To determine if Office 2000 SR1 is currently installed on this computer, you can verify by following the steps listed on the Office 2000 Service Pack 3 website.
Once all these steps have been completed, inline images should print properly from Microsoft Outlook 2000.

Collapse -

by jkempista In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by marccouture In reply to pictures in Outlook 2000 ...

One more thing to note... This worked on Windows NT, but I think the root of the problem lies in the browser and Office versions, so it should work on win98 as well...

Collapse -

by jkempista In reply to pictures in Outlook 2000 ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)