Question

popup windows open at 100 percent in IE7

By paul.budden ·
when a popup window opens it opens at 100 percent but it does not show all the text. if I resize it to 95percent I can see all text but when I close the window it reverts to 100 percent the next time i get a popup. How can I set the default popup window size to 95 percent.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

re: popup windows

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to popup windows open at 100 ...

Are you talking about the zoom level? Like where it says the zoom size in the lower right corner?

Also, what exactly do you mean by "popup windows"? Are you talking about a new window you've requested. Are you talking about a new window that opens when you click on a link? Or, are you talking about one that automatically "pops up" when you visit a web page, like an advertisement (ie: one you did not request but get it anyway)?

What kinds of toolbars do you have installed? Google toolbar? Yahoo toolbar? Others?

And finally, what operating system and version is this taking place on?

Collapse -

popup windows 2

by paul.budden In reply to re: popup windows

Yes, it is the zoom level I use to resize it so I can see all the text. By popup window I mean ...I am logged into a firms website and purchasing something online, there is a link to add delivery instructions which I click on and a small window pops up. I enter my notes but without resizing this window I cannot see the enter button at the bottom.

Only normal IE toolbar
The os is windows vista sp1

Collapse -

re: popup windows

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to popup windows 2

The size of the window itself which appears when you click a link is controlled by the Webmaster. The size of the font inside of that window CAN be controlled by the same. It can also be controlled by your default desktop settings (large font, normal font, etc...) However, the zoom level of the window will always open to 100% no matter what you do.

If you're having problems viewing the whole contents of a windows which opens when you click a link at a web site, report the problems to the Webmaster of that site. Obviously, they haven't tested their web site settings to make sure their window auto-resizes for everyone. Be sure to tell them the size of your monitor, what screen resolution you're using and what size of font you have your desktop set to.

Collapse -

popup thanks

by paul.budden In reply to re: popup windows

Many thanks

Collapse -

Try this out, ot might work for you...

To override website font and colour settings.

If you want to have the fonts and colours you specify in Internet Explorer to be used for all websites, regardless of the fonts that have been set by the website designer, follow these steps:
1.Click to open Internet Explorer.
2.Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
3.Click the General tab, and then click Accessibility.
4.Select the Ignore colours specified on webpages, Ignore font styles specified on webpages, and Ignore font sizes specified on webpages check boxes, and then click OK twice.

Change webpage text size in Internet Explorer
You can make webpages easier to read by changing the text size. If you change the text size, graphics and controls will remain in their original size but the text size will change.
To change webpage text size
1.Click to open Internet Explorer.
2.Click the Page button, click Text Size, and then click the size you want.
Notes
This will change the size of text displayed in webpages, unless the text size was explicitly set by the person who created the page.
OR, why not have a POP-UP resize program. :)
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Popup-Resize-Download-103634.html#download_locations

Please post back if you have any more problems or questions.

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)