General discussion

Print from XP PC To Win98 using Hp1220c

By kunakae ·
Have failed to print from Xp workstation to Win98 w/station using HP1220c printer. But the opposite can work-Win98 To Xp PC and also XP to Xp there is no problem . What could this be between XP,Win98 and Hp1220c drivers

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by fork()_bomb In reply to Print from XP PC To Win98 ...

could use a few more details but have you tried install it as a local printer in XP and connect to the 98 box using the "net use" command

Collapse -

by kunakae In reply to Print from XP PC To Win98 ...

Not answered well. since i tried it.

Collapse -

Not anwered well since I tried your suggestion before. I am only having problems when i use a win98 machine as the print server for a hp1220c printer and try to print from an XP machine over the network.

Collapse -

by Joseph Moore In reply to Print from XP PC To Win98 ...

If I understand your question right, you need to add WinXP print drivers on a Win98 print server, so your WinXP clients can print to this printer correctly. Is that correct?
Ok do the following:

Click Start, click Run, and then type the Uniform Naming Convention (UNC) path for the Win98 print server (for example: \\98srvname).

This action displays the shares on the remote computer.

Open the Printers folder. This action takes you into the printers folder on the remote computer.
Right-click the icon for the printer for which you want to add the Windows XP driver, and then click Sharing.

From the Sharing tab, click Additional Drivers, click either Intel/Windows 2000 option or the Windows XP option. Whichever one looks right (I don't have an XP machine to verify for certain what it says in XP), and then click OK. YOu might need the XP CD to get the drivers from, but the wizard will do that automatically.

That's it. Now, Add the printer on an XP workstation. The XP machine will pull the new XP drivers for the printer.

hope this helps

Collapse -

by an_it_guy In reply to Print from XP PC To Win98 ...

Assuming that you have shared the said printer on the Win98 pc. Add this printer from the XP machine from the Network, and not using the Add printer wizard. Browse to the 98 pc & see if the printer appears there, and double-click to add it. XP will install the drivers necessary, or u can insert the CD for XP drivers that shipped with the printer.
Hope this helps.

Collapse -

I have tried that it shows all the connections , no error on installing but it doesn't print.Also it shutsdown the program that you will runing eg trying to print from as Ms Word document, the moment you send a print job,the program exits itself and is dangerous if you didn't save your document .

Back to Windows Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)