General discussion

Printing from Outlook 2003 not printing

By BobbyJGR ·
Ok here's the problem I have a user who is having a printing issue from Outlook 2003. She can print from any application she can even print from email but only something sent to her internally. When she trys to print an email sent to her from somone outside the company it wont print, she gets no errors, nothing, print preview is even grayed out.
Any ideas?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to Printing from Outlook 200 ...

Does the external email have document manaegment rights associated with it?

Does your organization have document management rights?

If you log onto the workstation, can you print mail?

Any specialized GPO's running?

What service pack or hot fixes have been applied to that Outlook client from the Office Updates?

Collapse -

by BobbyJGR In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by BobbyJGR In reply to Printing from Outlook 200 ...

No to all really. Everyone is set up exactley the same it is just this one user who is having the problem.

Collapse -

This is actually just a quite painful security "feature" of outlook 2003. Since the message is coming from outside, i'm assuming it's in HTML format. I'm also assuming the user is being lazy and printing it from the preview pane, without actually opening the message. Open the message first, then try to print it.

I ran into this a few months ago and did come up with a permanent fix, but I can't remember what it was for the life of me. If i can remember it, i'll post it here.

Collapse -

by BobbyJGR In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by BobbyJGR In reply to Printing from Outlook 200 ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)