General discussion

Printing .pdfs to a color Xerox 6200

By astudley ·
When we send a .pdf w/ graphics to our Xerox Phaser 6200, we get a little white box around one of the graphics. When we send the same doc to our Color Savin MFP, it looks fine. I've tried the latest postscript and PCL drivers for the Xerox- all to no avail. I've tried the "print as image" setting, and it makes the box go away, but then it reverts to grayscale (no color). I've been on both companies tech support sites, but couldn't find anything on this. Any ideas, my friends?
Thx in advance!
~Allan

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by sgt_shultz In reply to Printing .pdfs to a color ...

one of the graphics prints with a white border on the phaser but not the savin? wow, cool.
is the phaser a laser and the savin an inkjet? I have no idea if that makes any difference...
man this sounds like a bug in the print driver for the phaser. does the phaser have any emulation modes you can try? since you tried all the drivers and there was no firmware update for the Phaser. sure sounds like a bug.
how did this pdf get created. it is one you created. i wonder about the exact type of source document.
imho, keep trying with Phaser tech support. they don't know they have this problem yet. ask for second level support ('would it be possible to speak to your supervisor?' you have a perfect reproducible problem....

Collapse -

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to Printing .pdfs to a color ...

have you made sure that the BIOS is set to the right type of printer emulation?

If that isn't the problem it is one for the people at Xerox to work out but I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting.

Col

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)