Question

problem with ati x1600 video out signal

By andyfrech ·
hi there, im having a heck of a time finding a solution to my problem. i apologize in advance if this is the incorrect place to ask but i have exhausted all other avenues.

i have a macbookpro, running windows xp pro/sp2 under bootcamp, with an ATI mobility radeon x1600.
when i attach the dvi>vga adapter i can use an external monitor, however when i attach the dvi>video adapter i get no signal on my tv.

i have tried using the newest ati drivers, the omega drivers and even the old ati bootcamp drivers with no success. i have also contacted ati and apple to no avail.

the dvi>video works when under mac and the dvi>vga works under both OSs but the dvi>video will not work under windows. it detects a second display, but my tv stays on it "unusable signal" screen as if nothing is plugged in.

any help is appreciated.

cheers.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Try a resolution change

by bart777 In reply to problem with ati x1600 vi ...

See if increasing the resolution helps at all. Start at 1280x1024 and go up from there.

Not sure if it will help but it might work. Some standard falt panel monitors won't display anything under 1024x768 so it might be the same issue here.

Collapse -

still nothing, but thanks for the idea

by andyfrech In reply to Try a resolution change

thanks, i hadnt thought of that.

unfortunately it still didnt work.
i tried all the resolutions i could to no avail

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)