General discussion

Problem with Compaq Presario V2000 Laptop

By vsurana ·
I have purchased Compaq laptop in 2007 and its started creating problem in 2008 just after 13-14 months of purchase, and when I send for repair from where I have purchased it cost me lot and still same problem Exists.
I have wasted lot of my time and money on this stupid Laptop but no results still the problem exists, now the dealer is saying its motherboard is destroyed and for repairing it will cost around 10-12 thousand.
So, its better to purchase another company Laptop or Desktop other than HP/Compaq.
Any Suggestions.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

huh?

by PurpleSkys In reply to Problem with Compaq Presa ...

"10-12 thousand" to replace a motherboard? Heavens, you can buy a whole bunch of laptops for that price. Check out Acer laptops if you're looking for another company to buy from. I would also consider looking at another PC shop too, this "dealer" sounds like he is seriously ripping you off.

Collapse -

'10-12 thousand' of what?

by CharlieSpencer In reply to huh?

Based on the location, I think the poster is not talking about dollars.

Whatever you get, spend the extra money for the extended warranty. I don't recommend this for desktops, and netbooks aren't worth the extra expense, but always do it for laptops.

Collapse -

Send the laptop to me, i will check it out for you..

Send me a email and i will get back to you.
It will only cost you the postage and insurance and any cost for replacement parts.

Collapse -

Thanks for reverting back

by vsurana In reply to Send the laptop to me, i ...

I am from India, How can I send you my laptop for checking.
The problem is that when I switch on the Laptop it shows all lights on the Board but
do not show anything on the monitor,
when I put it on power for long time atleast 1-2 hours then its boot up.
i have purchased a new battery and checked but same problem.
Dealer has changed the IC but still same problem.Now what he is saying to replace motherBoard which will cost around 10 to 12 thousand rupees, which is very expensive and yet no guaratee.
So,I have decided to file a case on the dealer in the consumer court.
Or what to do I don't know.

Collapse -

quick currancy convertion

by PurpleSkys In reply to Thanks for reverting back

so that works out to roughly $222 - 267 Canadian dollars...that sounds about right for a motherboard...at this point, is it worth it to you...I would almost just add a couple more hundred dollars and buy a new laptop, they are relatively cheap these days depending on what you buy...just my personal opinion

Collapse -

How old is your laptop?

by Peconet Tietokoneet In reply to Thanks for reverting back

If it is still under warranty, then you can have it repaired. If the warranty is finished then you will have to let the shop deal with it and pay up. Or save up for a brand spanking new one of a better make and model.
You can ship it to me, but there is no guaranty that when fixed it will start to play up again.
How much memory do you have on-board?
Try out some new memory up to 2gb or 4gb, it just might cure your problem and it will be cheaper too.
Also try this out:
Ccleaner:
http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/download/58156f96255767aeec553947d393ec2c/

This will get rid of any crap that might be holding up the booting process, ohh it is free.

Back to Laptops Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)