General discussion

Problems after migrating 5.5 to 2003

By ltheodoru ·
I can find nothing that tells me if I can now uninstall ADC since there are no more 5.5 servers, but I am experiencing all kinds of LDAP errors. The error log give event 8026 and references MSADC and Exchange Server 5.5. I used the swing method to upgrade.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by p.j.hutchison In reply to Problems after migrating ...

Delete all the ADC connectors when last 5.5 is turned off and removed, then uninstall the ADC software from the server. Then make sure the 5.5 server is not lised in the 2000/2003 Exchange organisation (used ADSIEDIT to remove it).

Collapse -

by ltheodoru In reply to

This was exactly what I needed. Thank you.

Collapse -

by ltheodoru In reply to Problems after migrating ...

I uninstalled ADC as suggested last night. This morning I realized that all the Exchange tabs have disappeared from account properties and when creating a new account, I can no longer create email accounts. What do I do now?

Collapse -

by newssubscripton In reply to Problems after migrating ...

Follow this steps from Microsoft KB
How to remove the last Exchange Server 5.5 computer from an Exchange Server 2003 administrative group
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822450/en-us

Collapse -

by ltheodoru In reply to

I find that usually the MS instructions do not explain exactly what happens and why you should or should not do something. I did look at this KB article already.

Collapse -

I figured out the problem with the missing Exchange tabs. All I had to do was to install Exchange manager on the domain controller.

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)