General discussion

Problems with Exchange 2000 POP3

By D'arcy ·
I'm having some intermittent problems that I can't figure out and really need some help with! I have Exchange Server 2000 with SP3 running, and seems to be running fine for everyone on the LAN. However, I need to have a few accounts connect through a 9600 bps (GlobalStar sattelite phone) connection via POP3 through Outlook Express. I have these accounts setup the same as everyone else's as far as exchange and AD go. When I try to connect to POP3 from these computers, it will come back most times with "Cannot contact POP3 server" and never gets past the "Looking for Host" part of the receive. Then once in a while, it will find the server, logon, authenticate and downdload the messages. When I check the Log Viewer on our Exchange Server, it has logged the following error:

Event Type: Failure Audit
Event Source: Security
Event Category: Account Logon
Event I 681
Date: 6/21/2004
Time: 2:12:23 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: EXCHANGESVR
Description:
The logon to account: username@xyz.local
by: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0
from workstation: EXCHANGESVR
failed. The error code was: 3221225572

A description of this Event ID and Error Code offer "User logon with misspelled or bad user account" as the problem, but the username provided is exactly what I want it to be.

What could be wrong here?!?! Why does it work sometimes and not others?? I have also tried from an account with DSL and receive the same problems and I'm at a loss.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Back to Software Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)