Question

problems with exchange 2003 Global Address List

By colmgdonnelly ·
Hi, i have recently encountered some problems with users global address lists. Any new users i ad to Active Directory are not appearing in the outlooks global address list. They do however appear in 'the all users' list. I have restarted all exchange services, rebuilt rus and updated also with no change. Any help would be great.

Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Usually it takes time....

by Dedlbug In reply to problems with exchange 20 ...

If you add a new user, give it a day. If the new users are still not showing, ensure that "Hide from Exchange address list" is not checked in AD. Lets start here. =]

Collapse -

been there done that...

by colmgdonnelly In reply to Usually it takes time....

Hey thanks for the reply. I've checked that, I added three new users to AD about a week ago and can't figure out why they aren't appearing in the GAL of users. Seems that lots of people have come across this problem and microsoft don't seem to have any answers. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks
Colm

Collapse -

Cached mode?

by Dedlbug In reply to been there done that...

I only have a couple more ideas...possible that Cached mode is causing this somehow. Disable Cached Mode in Outlook and see if the users appear. Also, check the permissions for default Global Address list in Exchange System Manager. Everyone is usually listed with "list permissions", but try to add domain users and see if that works.

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)