General discussion

Problems with JRE under Windows 2000

By scall ·
I was just wondering if anyone has experienced any issues running Sun's Java Runtime Environment under Windows 2000. I was looking to roll it out several months ago, but had to search for and download a copy of Microsoft's JVM to replace it. Two problems that were immediately apparent were my testing PC freezing up and, on the rare occasion that I got it working, being unable to dispaly Java Applets on our company Intranet. Has anyone had these problems or similar?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to Problems with JRE under W ...

I don't think that you'll find a MS Java application as they lost the Law Suit with Sun over MS illegal use of Java.

But Sun has several different Java packages that you might like to try I know that I've had to install these on quite a few work machines to allow On Line Banking as the Banks rely on Java to allow people to Log into their Accounts.

You could try this site for Java and see if you get better results

http://www.anfyteam.com/java/

Col

Collapse -

by scall In reply to Problems with JRE under W ...

Hey. Thanks for that. I can't remember the site, but I was able to download and older version of JVM last year sometime, and since then I've been rolling it out on my PC images.

Conversely, I've also managed to get JRE (which I downloaded from java.sun.com), and JVM to coexist on my own PC. JVM was already part of the image, but I needed JRE to run the latest version of HP's WebJetAdmin.

Thanks again

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)