General discussion

Purple's Catch Up Cafe - 2013

By PurpleSkys ·
Tags: Off Topic
I decided that this is long overdue. I looked up how long it had been since anyone posted to the “Catch up Cafe” and discovered I hadn’t posted anything since August 2011....tsk tsk on me.

So here we go...How the heck is everyone? How was Christmas and New Year’s Eve? Has anyone made any New Year’s resolutions they would like to share?

Things are good here; Christmas and New Year’s Eve went well, both were spent at my oldest youngest brother and his wife’s new home. New Year’s resolutions for me are to get back in shape and find a job already! The kids are all healthy and doing well. My oldest daughter moved in with us back in the summer and is working full time at a local cafe. She saved enough to hopefully buy herself a car in the next couple weeks and move out on her own...sniff sniff...not sure if I’m ready for that, even though she is 19. My second daughter is doing well in grade 9 but struggles with her math at times. Darryl’s daughter is in her second year of her BA and moves on to her B. Ed next year and his son is almost finished his studies in Political Science. Our youngest is doing very well in grade 3; she’s her typical funny self and her teachers all think she’s a “card”.

Darryl is still working comfortably at his job, thank goodness :) . And me...well, I’ve been on a constant hunt for a job since July. I’m at the point where I’ll even take a job at McDonald’s. That would be just wonderful (insert sarcasm here) considering my job training. Sigh, oh well, something will come; preferably sooner rather than later...before I start to lose some of my skills .

So, that’s my two cents for the moment...Welcome back to Purple’s Catch Up Cafe :)

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

48 total posts (Page 1 of 5)   01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

New dog.

by CharlieSpencer In reply to Purple's Catch Up Cafe - ...

Maggie is a 2 year old terrier mix, 13.5 pounds, black with a white stripe down her chest. Like most terriers, she's **** on paws. The world is her chew toy, although hands and forearms are preferred.

Collapse -

2012 was a bad year

by GSG In reply to Purple's Catch Up Cafe - ...

It started on a bad note and ended with a tragic note. For all of you who think it's OK to text, talk, or otherwise use a cell phone in any fashion whatsoever while driving, there is one dead teenager, 2 still in critical condition who will end up in long term brain injury rehab, one that will need extensive psychological counseling, and 6 others who witnessed the semi run the stop sign while the driver fumbled with his cell phone, who can tell you exactly what happens. Turn them off before you stick the key in the ignition. Even using blue tooth, you're still distracted.

Collapse -

huge hugs to all the families involved

by PurpleSkys In reply to 2012 was a bad year

my heart goes out to you all; I can't even begin to imagine the grief. I hope everyone heads your advice.

Collapse -

Good news

by GSG In reply to huge hugs to all the fami ...

My nephew, which is one who was in critical condition, suddenly woke up, knows where he is, recognizes his mom and dad, and had his breathing and feeding tubes removed and is speaking.

Collapse -

Good to hear (NT)

by JamesRL In reply to Good news
Collapse -

good to hear indeed

by PurpleSkys In reply to Good news

prayers he has a speedy recovery

Collapse -

That's Wonderful News!

by cmiller5400 In reply to Good news

My prayers that he has a fast and full recovery

Collapse -

I hope this doesn't mean

by CharlieSpencer In reply to Good news

TR will become the new Lourdes, and that the ailing and lame won't start making e-pilgrimage postings here for healing. :-)

'Saint Jason'; sheesh!

Collapse -

Thats great news

by AV . In reply to Good news

What a traumatic experience for him.

AV

Collapse -

Very good news. Very good.

by boxfiddler Moderator In reply to Good news
Back to After Hours Forum
48 total posts (Page 1 of 5)   01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05   Next