General discussion

Putting Exchange 2000 server on Internet

By biftuk ·
Dear Experts,

we have Ex 2000 server working properly at our LAN. The server is connected to the Internet just to relay outside message and collect user emails via a POP3 gateway software. We have a lot of mobile users who wants to access LAN messages when they are outside the city or other place. Now the question is what is the process we need to go thru with our ISP to put our Exchange 2000 server on the Internet and our mobile users can access it from anywhere in the world. I know that we need a public IP address from our ISP but i want to know what process we should follow and what is needed other than public IP address.
Please help me as soon as possible.... this is becoming a pain in the neck.

thanks a lot

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by rickrbyrne In reply to Putting Exchange 2000 ser ...

Hi,

You are going to want to get a domain name, which you can easily get from the Internet. That is after you get a static IP address from your ISP. Then you are going to increase your upload from your ISP to handle the mail downloading from your sever. Besides that there really isn't much more to do, unless you have a very large user base that is going to check there mail from remote locations.

Rick

Collapse -

by biftuk In reply to

thanks much

Collapse -

by biftuk In reply to Putting Exchange 2000 ser ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)