General discussion

Reinstalling Office 97/ Office 2000

By fbarr_taz ·
I support two platforms, Office 97 and Office 2000.
After installing Office 2000 on several machines, I needed to put Access 97 back.
When I did, I got a message stating not a licensed copy.
I even uninstalled Office 2000 and reinstalled Office 97. I now cannot get Access 97 to work on any machine that Office 2000 was installed.

Is there a solution to this problem? I would appreciate any help. I need to continue to use Office 97 for several applications.

Thank You

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by dmiles In reply to Reinstalling Office 97/ O ...

This being the business suite there has to be a license to enter the code to ACCESS97,it would be easier.
The solution to uninstalling office2K is to go to Microsoft web site and then select Office,there you will want to locate uninstall patches that will completely clear all references to office2K,without them you will have to start over with fresh install,by clearing the hard drive.

Collapse -

by fbarr_taz In reply to Reinstalling Office 97/ O ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by DKlippert In reply to Reinstalling Office 97/ O ...

Theno license message is common. There are two Knowlege Base papers Q141373 and Q191224.
Q141373 involves editing the Registry, Q191224 provides an EXE that can be downloaded for Windows 98. Both articles are available at http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q141/3/73.asp and http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q191/2/24.asp

Collapse -

Thank you, I was able to find the articles.
There is also another solution involving hiding a key font. This is the one I used and it worked.

Thank you for your help

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)