General discussion

Related to windows 2000 exchange server

By subhash_sun ·
I have installed a windows 2000 enterprise exchange server on my network. A user name john on my network uses outlook express and windows 2000 microsoft outlook to access his mails.

Yesterday he showed me a problem. The problem goes like this. If a mail arrives he can open microsoft outlook and open the mail and read it comfortably. However when he opens outlook express he can open the mail and read it.

The problem arises if for the second time he opens microsft outlook for the second time he does not see the same mail he had opened previously. what is the problem. plz inform me the solution for the problem to my e-mail address subhash_sun@rediffmail.com
Thank you

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Related to windows 2000 exchange server

by Lynne's Honey In reply to Related to windows 2000 e ...

I would be wiling to bet that the Outlook Express is using POP3 access and downloading the message, then deleting it from the server imeediately. It is a good way to keep a user's mailbox clean, but I'd not reccommend it. He should not be using Outlook Express to access the Exchange server and stick with Outlook while in the office. If is out and about, he should use the OWA option to get his mail, otherwise, you may find that he is in the same situation, messages that he downloads to his outside machine disappear from his Exchange mailbox.

While there are ways to prevent this, why add to your workload?

\\Steve//

PS, we have disabled POP3 access for all but a few users here.

Back to Software Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)