Question

remove, or turn of the Microsoft 2000 Outlook Express

By mmila ·
To remove, or shut down Outlook express Microsoft 2000
How to remove it from control pannel, or to turn it off, without loosing the entire Microsoft Office 2000? I asked their support: can't help, don't know, very rude (after almost 2 hours staying on hold on the phone). It seems that I can either remove the entire (not one of their features) Microsoft office 2000, then I don't know how to re-install it back. Is there a better solution then this program, that I rarely use, as I mostly use microsoft works- it is similar word program, with less features?
P.S- I have Windows XP.I tried to remove it from Control pannel- it seems that I can't remove the partial feature, rather the entire Mocrosoft 2000.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Why do you want to?

by IC-IT In reply to remove, or turn of the Mi ...

Outlook is the mail program that comes with Office.
Outlook Express comes with the OS (XP).
If you don't use it then ignore it.
If you are frustrated because it pops up when you click a link on a web page, then set your (non-internet) mail program as the default. If you only use an internet mail account, then copy and paste the address into your TO block.

Collapse -

Not office

by tintoman In reply to remove, or turn of the Mi ...

Outlook Express is not part of the office suite, it is integrated with windows and can be removed via control panel - add/remove programmes - add remove windows components

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)