General discussion

Removing the Login window in Windows 200

By robaustin12001 ·
Yes, I installed Windows 2000 Professional onto my computer. I went throught installation and when it came time to Network Identification and to select whether to always have to login or for Windows to always assumes the user has logged onto the computer. I selected that the user must always enter a user name and password. However, I have changed my mind and would like Windows to assume that I am always logging on. How do you go about changing it from one selection to the other, without having to reinstall Windows again.

Thank-you

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by parvus1202 In reply to Removing the Login window ...

Start/control panel/users and password/ then unclick the box that says.."users must enter ect." Reboot.

Collapse -

by robaustin12001 In reply to Removing the Login window ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by Vuitanh In reply to Removing the Login window ...

This is what previous use has posted. Make sure you backup your registry and know what you are doing before messing around. Start | run type in "regedit" I copied this instruction from archived Q&A here.

What you need to do is start up Regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Software \Microsoft \WindowsNT \CurrentVersion
\Winlogon. There you can change the AutoAdminLogon value to 1 and delete the values for DefaultUserName and
DefaultPassword. You can also change the value for DefaultDomainName if you would like to. If you have the
Automatic logon enabled, you can force the logon prompt to come up by holding the shift key down as it is booting
up. After the computer has performed the POST, of course.

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)