Question

Saving Excel 2007 to 2003

By brian ·
Greetings,

I have a user that frequently saves Excel 2007 documents as Excel 2003, for compatibility purposes (I know, the other users should install the compatibility pack...that's another story).

What happens is when she re-opens the document on her own computer, the formatting is whacked. Even something as simple as a large-font title at the top of the sheet is now gone. It also appears that the custom cell borders are mostly gone. My suggestion was to get everybody to install the compatibility pack, but until then, any idea why this is happening?

Brian

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Make Excel 2007 Always Save in Excel 2003 Format

by Peconet Tietokoneet In reply to Saving Excel 2007 to 2003
Collapse -

Compatibility Pack is not the answer....

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to Saving Excel 2007 to 2003

I don't know the answer to your current problem, but I do know that forcing other people to install the compatibility pack is NOT the answer. That compatibility pack can and does break custom applications, so many companies have decided NOT to upgrade. If a company has decided NOT to upgrade to 2007 because it breaks stuff, installing the compatibility pack may also be against their policy. Just because YOU have chosen to upgrade doesn't mean the rest of the world needs to do so. YOU need to make your stuff work with their stuff, not the other way around.

Collapse -

Clarification

by brian In reply to Compatibility Pack is not ...

I should have mentioned, the other users that she shares the documents with are inter-company employees, and we have already been using the compatibility pack on many machines, just not all.

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)