Question

SBS 2003 Exchange

By jeremylishman ·
I am starting a small busienss, have beginner knowledge of sbs 2003. have a host company running my .com site and email but want to use exchange in sbs to get emails from there. the sbs has a .local domain. i am behind an adsl line w/ dynamic ip. would like to get emails from hosting company to exchange and then allow access to the exchange accounts for mobile phones (ie: blackberry/palms) as well as calender sharing etc...; would also like to get web access to the exchange to check emails. how do i do this? (dyndns?) any help would be greatly appreciated or any pointers to good tutorials/books to tackle this.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

First off most public email providers like hotmail

by CG IT In reply to SBS 2003 Exchange

block any email servers that have dynamic ip address [Spammers use dynamic addressing].

Second, go buy the Windows Small Business Server 2003 Administrators companion book.

Will tell you everything you need about SBS and how to configure it. Available on Amazon.com.

Collapse -

thanks

by jeremylishman In reply to First off most public em ...

is there a work around for dynamic ip issue? like registering with openspf or something like this? basically i have to have complete audit trails of emails yet also need to have employee access via handhelds so thus needs to go through the exchange server to back up to tapes. thanks again for the help! i am not a system admin just a smb owner without a big budget.

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)