General discussion

SBS2003 POP3 Connector Problem

By edmondc78 ·
We are running Windows Small Business Server 2003 and the built in Exchange server that comes with it to retrieve our mail. Specifically, we use the POP3 Connectors to grab mail from our ISP that is then delivered to local mail boxes. It has all been working fine for a couple of years now but recently for some reason a few accounts have stopped receiving e-mail through the POP3 Connector.

Also, and i think this is related, the POP3 Connector Manager in the Server Management Console has stopped working. When you try to open it, it flashes on the screen briefly and then disappears straight away. This happens even after a fresh reboot of the machine.

I have set the client machines to download mail directly from the ISP as a temporary solution, but this means that anyone using Outlook Web Access won't be able to retrieve their mail until they are back in the office.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by degoodwin In reply to SBS2003 POP3 Connector Pr ...

Did you ever get an answer for this? I have to same problem and can't figure it out. When I click on the connector it opens for a second and then closes itself. Nothing is logged in the Event Viewer. I am running Norton Client Security and that has no influence on pop-ups

Collapse -

by rdeveson In reply to SBS2003 POP3 Connector Pr ...

Has Anyone Found The Fix For This...??
richard@denne.co.uk

Collapse -

Had same problem...

by andygold In reply to SBS2003 POP3 Connector Pr ...

Only solution was to uninstall Exchange completely and install it again. After it happened again I decided to use a third-party connector...

If you have 3 accounts or less, you can use the free version of PopGrabber (http://www.eclarsys.com/popgrabber). If you have more the only real solution is to go for a commercial connector.

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)