Question

set bios user password in acer travelmate 5520

By carrrlos ·
Hello.

Can anyone help me?
I want reset bios user password on acer travelmate 5520.

I have supervisor password, but not work

Please, help

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

11 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

then the 'supervisor' PW is wrong

by The Scummy One In reply to set bios user password in ...

so you dont really have it

Collapse -

Or you're not the supervisor

by robo_dev In reply to then the 'supervisor' PW ...

and you have the right password, but you stole the laptop from the wrong supervisor, rendering your knowledge of the correct password superfluous.

Collapse -

Or you're using the admin password

by seanferd In reply to Or you're not the supervi ...

where the supervisor password is called for. Don't use the supervisor password instead of the admin password once it boots and you need to log in.

Collapse -

Ohh darn

by shasca In reply to set bios user password in ...

You have flunked the Laptop test. Shucks it has been proven that you are too stupid to own a Laptop. It is required that you turn it over to the authorities NOW. Sorry. It is what it is.

Collapse -

Hmmm -- the best way

by The Scummy One In reply to Ohh darn

is to call **1 and tell them that a notebook compter was stolen. When the Police arrive, hand it to them, and tell them that you are too stupid to crack it, and see if they can help :^0

Collapse -

world of thieves

by carrrlos In reply to Hmmm -- the best way

Lol, :-DDDDDDDDd

it seems that thieves are usually in this forum.
No. Laptot is not stolen. It?s mine. And there are 2 password in bios. I go to bios setup with Supervisor Password (if this password is wrong would impossible loging in bios)
Now, i go to security, i see "set supervisor password" and "set user password", ok? Well, i want reset user password. This action could easily make it on other computers(with supervisor password) but not in this :-/
Ideas? Virus? :-? :-m
You can call **1 (0** in Spain). I'll show them a laptop?s invoice.
To those who suggested that I am a thief, I say that I am not.
To those who insult me. F*ck you! >:-/

Collapse -

:^0 -- some tips

by The Scummy One In reply to world of thieves

the last comment was not needed.

but, OK, make sure that you are using the proper password for the proper thing. Is it asking for the user or supervisor/admin password in the BIOS?
Make sure it is typed correctly.
If it locks you out -- or has become locked, you may need to take it to call the manufacturer or a shop to unlock it. Call first, cause some shops may not be able to help.

Collapse -

some clarifications:

by carrrlos In reply to :^0 -- some tips

1. The computer runs. In the boot I entered the supervisor password and it load Windows Vista. It is not locked.

2. I have three opportunities to enter the forgotten password.

3. If the three times I failed, I can turn it off, turn it on and try again. In no case has been permanently blocked.

4. Is it possible reset the bios user password USING bios supervisor password? (in another computers is possible)

typed correctly? Sorry my bad english.
I hope to be understood

Collapse -

Interesting

by The Scummy One In reply to some clarifications:

I think you have it backwards. The user password will unlock to boot. the supervisor/admin password unlocks BIOS changes (including changing passwords)

Collapse -

ok, step by step

by carrrlos In reply to Interesting

I think you have it backwards. The user password will unlock to boot.
... ok, in acer 5520 user password take restricted acces to bios configuration. I.e: change user password, unlock boot

the supervisor/admin password unlocks BIOS changes (including changing passwords)

... supervisor password take full access to bios configuration BUT when i want change USER PASSWORD ,bios ask me CURRENT PASSWORD and new password.

Current password is forgotten, then i write in that input field my supervisor password, but bios tell me wrong password.

P. for some time, the laptop takes a long time to access the bios screen

Back to Smartphones Forum
11 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next