General discussion

Setting Up Net Folders in Outlook 2000

By SkiKatana ·
We have 30 email users using outlook 2000 as a client to a POP3 Mail server(XtraMail by Artisoft). My understanding is Web folders works as long as you are using a POP3 mail server. So far so good. I setup a shared address book containing all of our addresses and a few distribution lists. Then I sent invitations. The users received and Accepted the invites and the folder appears in there folder list. However, It has been 24 hours and still hasn't been populated! They can't even accept the invite without the Netfolder add-in installed. So It appears there configured ok. Any troubleshooting tips to resolve why the netfolder email updates are not getting sent/received would be greatly appreciated!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by SkiKatana In reply to Setting Up Net Folders in ...

I should have said: "I setup a shared contact folder". Sorry

SkiKatana

Collapse -

by wbrisendine In reply to Setting Up Net Folders in ...

You might want to verify that the permissions set up on the address book is correct. Verify That the default permission setting is correct, if you do not want to grant individual rights for all 30 users.

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by IKinney In reply to Setting Up Net Folders in ...

As was already mention, make sure that people have permissions to see, and edit if necessary. Then the next step is to right-click on the contacts list and select the "sychronize" or send updates button. This will immediately send the updates. I have found that this usually helps get the update process started. You should also schedule a resynch period to re-update the machines... this is usually hrs, or days. ( I liked days)

I did find that we had a lot of problems with Net Folders andyou may want to try to find another solution.

Collapse -

It appears netfolders is not a well know option or not used much. What I did to get it working:

Stopped sharing folder on "Host" Outlook PC.
Ran fix and repair.
removed and re-installed Network folder
option.
reshared contact folder and selected users to re-invite.

This got it working. Twice the Host PC has gotten "stuck" on Snchronize Netfolder messages. I have to disconnect network connection then delete message. Both times this happened during initial synchronization of a Netfolder.

This is a great feature that MS apparently allows only to work well enough to wet your appetite for Exchange server. They removed it completely from Office XP outlook. I guess they no longer see any threats to the outlook client. Now they are saying buy exchange or tough!

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)