General discussion

Shared Mailbox on Exchange 2003

By hmorris ·
We're in the process of migrating to Exchange server 2003 but I've just encountered a bit of a snag with our MAPI setup.

In our *current* setup (using a 3rd party email host) we have a shared "info@blah.com" mailbox which is forwarded to three separate pop accounts and whoever gets to the message first replies. We all have our reply address set to info@blah.com but the email comes from our individual name (i.e, Heather M. info@blah.com or Lisa M. info@blah.com) This allows our customers to know exactly which of us is replying to them and their replies will always come back to the shared "info" mailbox.

In Exchange, I setup an "info@blah.com" mailbox and have granted permissions for any of us to send from using this mailbox however, it's tagging the generic mailbox name to every message. We really want to be able to send from this info mailbox but have our individual names listed on the message.

Is there a way for me to accomplish this and still be able to connect to the server via MAPI or would we need to all be using POP3 so we can set our 'reply' address.?

Your suggestions are appreciated.

Heather Masterson
http://www.geekchk.com

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Back to Software Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)