General discussion
February 8, 2005 at 07:35 AM
pbtoms

Single sent email delivered 100+ times?!

by pbtoms . Updated 21 years, 5 months ago

I have a user in a remote office using Outlook 2000 with POP3 connection to our Exchange 5.5 server in this office. He sent a “reply to all” email, and is getting complaints from several people on that list that they are getting that email message repeatedly. It’s apparently into the hundreds now. I have asked him to turn off his computer (reboot didn’t seem to fix it), and restarted the internet mail service on the server. Waiting to hear if the multiple copies have stopped. Any idea what could have caused this, how to stop it, how to prevent it from happening again? It’s not sending multiple copies of all of his emails (I had him send a few to me, and only got one of each), nor is it doing it to anyone else. The 14 attorneys who are being effectively shut down by this flood are pretty annoyed, though. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This discussion is locked

All Comments