General discussion

Some computers cannot access OWA Exchange 2003

By gli ·
A few of my computers at my work place cannot access Outlook 2003 over Internet Explorer. Usually we type in webmail.*&^%$.com and we get the login screen. Instead, I'm getting "HTTP 400 - Bad Request". Now, if I type in the actucal full name of the server, I have no problem getting to the login screen. Most of the computers do not have this issue. I think its something to do with the DNS, but I have no idea where to start. Anyone please help me out? Thank You So Much.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

DNS

by BFilmFan In reply to Some computers cannot acc ...

Looks like there is either a missing MX record or other DNS record for the server.

You will need at minimum a CName record (alias) for the server which points to either an A or Host record.

Since you said it works on some systems, but not others, check the clients which are connecting to make sure they are using the correct DNS server for resolution.

Use the command IPCONFIG /ALL and check to see which DNS server the clients are using for resolution.

Collapse -

by No Shoes In reply to Some computers cannot acc ...

It actually sounds more like IIS configuration on the owa server. But you'll want to rule out DNS by pinging the owa server by name and seeing what results you get. If the ping results resolve an IP address that isn't correct check your forward lookup zones. Since some boxes can get to the site and some can't you might also check to see if you have VLAN configurations that prevent some VLANs from talking to others.

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)