I have 1 exchange 2000 server running on a windows 2000 server. I manage the IT resources for a boys home. Currently both the boys and the staff use the same email – ie mail.ohb.org. I want to allow the staff to begin managing their own spam, but still forward all the spam the boys receive to another account for review. I use GFI MailEssentials 10 for spam filtering, and it does not support different rules for different groups.
All that said, my question is, given my current setup, what is the best way to allow the staff to manage their own spam, but still control the boys?
I have a couple of ideas, but don’t know if they are possible:
1. set up a seperate domain for the boys (ie boysmail.ohb.org) on the same exchange server, and run a second instance of GFI with different rules for those accounts.
2. Go ahead and set up GFI to send everything marked as spam to all the users Inbox/Spam folder, and either: 1. set up rules on the boys accounts to immediately redirect the mail to an admin account for review (this rule would have to be secure and not changeable by the boys) or make the Inbox/Spam folder inaccessable to the boys.
3. Find a different email filter program that has the ability to apply different rules to different groups. (for less than $1000, or possibly an open source program)
Or possibly you have a better idea?!