General discussion

Spool 32 Kernel32.DLL at 016f:bff769a6

By Pylon ·
The above error message was encountered by a user printing from a HP LaserJet 4050, a similiar errror Module Kernel 32.DLL at 016f:bff7b9a6 was encountered by a user printing from a HP LaserJet 4L. Search all known Knowledge Bases to determine cause and remedy to this specific problem which results in the machine "locking up" and only a reboot seems to be the only remedy to fix the problem.

Any ideas on cause and cure...Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

have you tried?

by Flatmark In reply to Spool 32 Kernel32.DLL at ...

I am currently having the same problem.
At present we are trying 2 poss solutions
removing macafee in one room and selecting
print directly to printer in another. I know disabling print spooling isn't really a desirable solution. I would like to know if you have tried these or any other possible fixes.

Collapse -

if you are interested

by Flatmark In reply to Spool 32 Kernel32.DLL at ...

we have narrowed it down to AV software scanning spool files. Having removed AV completely in one site the problem disapeared completely, In another site we excluded spool32.exe, winspool.drv + spoolss.dll from the virus scan. This significantly reduced the problem but did not get rid of it completely. As a result we have selected the print directly to printer option in the printers spool options. This has been tested in another site and appears to solve the problem.

Collapse -

I had the same trouble

by dpcook In reply to Spool 32 Kernel32.DLL at ...

I had the same trouble with two computers. I removed WinFax Pro and I also re-ghosted the computers. I don't know which helped, but I don't appear to be having the problem anymore.

Back to IT Employment Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)